|Title:||Senior Project Coordinator|
Company: Wholesome Wave
Title: Programs Project Senior Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Programs Officer
Position Location: Memphis, TN
This is a part-time contractor position for 8 - 10 months. If funding allows, the position has potential to increase to full-time for 1 – 2 years.
Wholesome Wave is a national innovative non-profit working to increase access to and affordability of fresh locally grown fruits and vegetables. Wholesome Wave strives to create a vibrant, just and sustainable food system. Our innovative initiatives are improving health outcomes among low-income families and are implemented nationwide, in 43 states and Washington, DC. In an exciting partnership, we are working to expand programming in the states of TN and MS.
We are looking for a motivated, driven and enthusiastic self-starter who demonstrates a passion for growing programs that help make healthy, fresh produce available to people of all economic abilities. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, professional in demeanor and highly organized and accountable. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to participate in cutting edge programming driving to make an impact within the local communities of Memphis, TN; Jackson, MS and Hernando, MS.
This role is a part-time role, approximately 25 hours per week, and the candidate will have some flexibility and autonomy around planning out their working hours around specific commitments. This individual will also have the ability to work from home, when they are not traveling or attending meetings. Travel is a key component to this role; this individual will need access to a car as their responsibilities including visiting program sites, healthcare clinics and meeting with other WW staff members or clients. Travel expenses and other pre-approved cell phone and office expenses will be reimbursed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for an individual skilled at identifying root challenges and implementing innovative solutions to affordable, healthy food access across multiple sectors. This position is expected to bring a solutions-oriented mindset that leverages the power of technical assistance, facilitation, and pragmatism, to achieve Wholesome Wave’s vision of healthy, local, affordable food for all.
- Implement programmatic models designed to link healthcare providers and food retailers in a collaborative approach to increase purchases of fruits and vegetables;
- Assess readiness and develop realistic site workflows for efficient implementation in a clinical setting;
- Develop tools and materials, and deliver programmatic and operational technical assistance and support to increase the ability of healthcare clinics to scale their impact and effectiveness;
- Partner with client, manager, and colleagues to consistently grow relationships by identifying challenges and building mission-aligned solutions;
- Regular travel required between TN and MS, specifically: Memphis, TN; Jackson, MS and Hernando, MS (may involve evening and weekend travel).
The Senior Coordinator will be responsible for increasing project impact and efficiency. During the time of this engagement, this individual will be responsible for setting up 6 – 10 new sites and effectively channeling over $100,000 into healthy food programs.
Minimum Qualifications & Abilities:
- 2 years of work experience in a related field required; graduate degree a plus;
- Experience and knowledge of either healthcare clinic operations or retail operations a plus;
- Past success in adapting and implementing programs and providing technical assistance, resulting in tangible outcomes and impact;
- Comfort, flexibility and ability to thrive in a rapidly paced and rapid changing environment;
- Project management skills, coupled with excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment with competing demands;
- Ability to operationalize solutions;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Professional and personable in demeanor and approach;
- Proficient and comfortable networking and building relationships;
- Detail-oriented, with ability to initiate and diligently follow up on all aspects of projects;
- A quick and pro-active learner with a drive to roll up one's sleeves and contribute as needed to advance the projects and the organization;
- Sincere passion for driving change in the food system through market-driven approaches.
Role Requirements & Compensation:
- This position is a 1099 contractor position
- Candidate to start in March and continue in the role for 8 - 10 months
- Candidate to commit to 20-25 hours per week with a requirement to travel/work on some evenings and weekends
- Candidate must have a car; frequent travel across the states of TN and MS is required
- Pre-approved travel and office expenses are reimbursable